Newcastle Estate Sports and Leisure Club (NESLC)
Welcome to the NESLC pages…………….
HASSRA Members and RCSL Members who work on the Newcastle Estate (BPV, DH, WVP and TVP), are all members of a new Newcastle Estate Sports and Leisure Club. We are a voluntary committee working for you. We want to do our best to give you what you want.
If you have an issue or an idea for a trip or event you think would be good for members, please get in touch with any of our committee members listed below- It’s your money via contributions so let’s use it for what YOU want. Remember being a HASSRA member working on the Newcastle Estate you are automatically a member of the Newcastle Estate Sports & Leisure Club NESLC
Anyone wishing to join Sports and Social will need to fill in the relevant application form, depending on where and who you work for, please see details below:
To join - HASSRA (eligible staff are DWP staff, EDS, SEMA, SYNTEGRA, ACCENTURE, My CSP and HSE) application forms are available from the HASSRA intranet site on the DWP intranet. Submit on line.
Any HASSRA members working on TVP and are part of the newly formed Pensions Service Clubs will need to contact there own Secretary to apply for membership to NESLC this is no longer an automatic membership.
To join RCSL (eligible staff are HMRC staff) application forms are available from the NICO Sports and Social intranet site or from Peter Hair, Room BP4001 BPV. Applications should be sent to BP4001 BPV
Associate Membership of NESLC
Did you realise that if you are a NESLC member you can sponsor up to 4 friends and family members who are not working on the Newcastle Estate to be associate members. If you would like to do so, complete the relevant form below and send to the NESLC Associate membership Secretary - Susan.Thomson@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk BPV- Room BP7152, Longbenton- PLEASE DO NOT CALL – POSTAL APPLICATIONS OR E-MAIL ONLY
NESLC Members – Have Your Say
NESLC are constantly asking members for feedback – so if you have any ideas/comments please feel free to contact any of the Officers below-
NESLC Chairman - Masood Mohammed
Vice Chair – George Green (Retired HASSRA member)
NESLC Secretary – Johnny Porter
Assistant Secretary - Mark Wilkinson
Section Secretary - Sonya Peacock
NESLC Treasurer - Linsey Wilkinson
Assistant Treasurer - Caroline Birnie
What does NESLC offer its members- well being such a large club with over 5000 members on the Newcastle Estates we can offer HASSRA members a lot more. Being such a large club it gives you-HASSRA members working on the Newcastle Estate automatic membership of NESLC!! So see below and enjoy the offers.
More HASSRA NESLC -Volunteers needed
Newcastle Estate Sports and Leisure Club (NESLC) are looking for more volunteers to help with various activities including-
Organising Social Trips,
Helping with Sports Events
Promoting NESLC throughout the Newcastle Estate
Helping out with Committee meetings
The list is endless, we want to expand our network of volunteers, NESLC covers –
Benton Park View- Longbenton
Waterview Park- Washington
Durham House- Washington
Tyneview Park- Newcastle
Any help you can give would be appreciated as the club can only continue to run if more volunteers come forward, so no matter how little the time is you can give it will be a bonus to us. But if you can think of something we should be organising then let us know or better still JOIN US and organise it yourself, NESLC reward volunteers in various ways so to help us contact the secretary Terri Harbron- email above
NESLC SPORTS TEAMS
Calling all NESLC members working on BPV/TVP/WVP/DH the following events are open for anyone interested in competing in the CIVIL SERVICE SPORTS COUNCIL run event
Sports to feature, for more information-
Ladies Netball- please email email@example.com
Men’s Basketball- please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mixed Touch Rugby- please email email@example.com
To qualify you must be a NESLC member via HASSRA/RCSL and also a CSSC member. If over subscribed in any of the sports then trials will be run to ensure fair and open competition
Newcastle Estate Region NESLC Social Membership Information
NESLC is always wanting new trips and events to organise- so come forward and offer to organise a trip or event that you think would prove to be a hit with all your colleagues current events are listed below.
Newcastle Greyhound Stadium
Every Tuesday & Thursday evening
ENTRY, RACE CARD, WELCOME DRINK, 2-COURSE MEAL,
FREE £1 JACKPOT TOTE BET
Only £6.50 per person
Offer valid for September only
To book seats please call our reception on: 0191 210 5300
The Fossway, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE6 2XJ
(Starts Tue 11 Sept)
Alnwick Gardens Corporate Membership Card for all NESLC (HASSRA/RCSL) Members
NESLC currently has a number of corporate membership cards that can be borrowed by members. Each card entitles up to four adults to:
• FREE admission to the Alnwick Garden and
• FREE parking
Please note: There is a separate and additional entry fee to visit the Castle.
Normal admission price is £10.00 for each working adult and there is a nominal fee of 1p for children, Yes, that’s 1p (up to four children are allowed in with each adult – any additional children are charged at £2.50 each). So, a MASSIVE saving of £40 (or £39.96 if you have four children with you) can be achieved by using each card!
To give more members the chance to visit, the process for reserving a card has now changed, so please read carefully.
1. To reserve a card, e-mail Jill.Gardner@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk , make sure you put 'Alnwick Gardens' in the ‘Subject’ field. Alternatively, you can write to:
2. You must state the exact date that you would like to visit the Gardens, for example Saturday 03 September 2011
3. You must include your:
o Room number
o A contact telephone number/mobile number
o Confirm you are a RCSL or HASSRA member
4. You will receive confirmation of your booking by e-mail (or note), together with full details of our new administration procedures. We are hoping that these changes will allow more members to visit Alnwick Gardens and make it easier for them to obtain dates in peak periods.
For those with internet access, you can find further information about events at Alnwick Garden from www.alnwickgarden.com
Newcastle Racecourse Flat Season Tickets – Prize Draw
For 2012 NESLC have purchased 4 annual member badges for the Flat season only, this covers race meetings from April through to October. There will, therefore, be two draws (2 badges each prize) for the meetings that are due to take place, this will entitle the winners admission to the Premier Enclosure and access to the Annual Members bar for the day.
In order to ensure a full up to date list of entrants into the draw for 2012 anyone wishing to be in the draw even if you have entered previously will need to take the following action
To enter the FREE Newcastle Racecourse draw for 2012 e-mail Susan Thomson entering Newcastle Racecourse in the subject field of the email and stating
• Full name
• PI Number /Staff number
• Office phone number
• Full office address including business unit
• Office (gsi preferably) e-mail address
• Advise if you are a HASSRA or RCSL member
Checks will then be made to ensure you are a member of NESLC
If you work for HMRC (or are a contractor working for HMRC) and have a deduction on your payslip for RCSL and you work on the Newcastle Estate you are a member of NESLC
If you work for DWP (or you are a contractor working on DWP business) and have a deduction on your payslip for HASSRA and you work on the Newcastle Estate you are a member of NESLC with the exception of the newly formed Pension Centre Clubs based at TVP – these members of staff must go through their own secretary’s and request associate membership of NESLC.
Amazing 2 for 1 restaurant deals with the Gourmet Society
The Gourmet Society card is welcomed at almost 1,000 top restaurants across the region and brings users great savings off dining out including 2 for 1 meals and 25% off the entire bill, including drinks!
We’ve joined forces with the Gourmet Society to bring you a fantastic membership deal. NESLC members can join for just £25.00 for 14 months (usually £53.50 for 12 months). Saving is simpleOnce you join you’ll receive a Gourmet Society Dining Card and full Restaurant Directory.
1. Select a restaurant from the wide range listed.
2. Enjoy your meal and present your card. The saving will automatically be deducted from your bill. For more details, a full listing of local restaurants and to take advantage of this great offer phone 0800 043 1978 quoting NESLC or if you have internet access at work or home join online at http://www.thegourmetsociety.co.uk/neslc (web)
This updated advert is to let you know that we are now able to offer Odeon admit one tickets again. However we can only provide Adult tickets.
There have been a few recent changes to Ticket Prices in 2011 so this site may not quite have the correct saving but the price to you on the forms will be as up to date as possible. The prices change at short notice so you may be contacted to send a balance cheque before your tickets can be despatched.
Lightwater Valley tickets have also gone up in price but still offer an amazing saving.
Please ensure you allow as much time as possible before you need the tickets as we now only have one volunteer administering all the tickets. He is very busy doing his day job so please do not contact him unless it is really really urgent.
CONDITIONS OF SALE – Please read carefully before completing the application forms
• TICKETS WILL ONLY BE POSTED TO MEMBERS WHO COMPLETE A BOOKING FORM IN FULL, ENCLOSE A CHEQUE FOR THE CORRECT AMOUNT MADE PAYABLE TO NESLC AND ENCLOSE STAMPED Self ADDRESSED ENVELOPE.
• NESLC WILL NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY TICKETS THAT ARE NOT USED BEFORE THE EXPIRY DATE PRINTED ON EACH INDIVIDUAL TICKET.
• NESLC WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TICKETS THAT ARE LOST IN THE POST.
• ONLY ONE APPLICATION PER MONTH ALLOWED AND A LIMIT OF FORTY VOUCHERS (IN TOTAL) PER MONTH PER MEMBER WILL APPLY
• IF APPLYING FOR MORE THAN ONE TYPE OF TICKET PLEASE USE SEPARATE CHEQUES
• PLEASE ALLOW 4 – 6 WEEKS FOR TICKET TURNAROUNDS, ESPECIALLY AT PEAK SEASON
NESLC WILL ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR 3RD PARTY CANCELLATIONS
The gate price, price of voucher and saving you make is shown below:
To purchase vouchers, just click on the hyperlink below for the appropriate form
Wet N Wild Application form
Flamingoland * Application form
Tickets can also be purchased for:
CINEMAS IN NORTH EAST
For which NESLC members can purchase tickets
Middlesbrough Leisure Park, Marton Road, Middlesbrough Tel: 0871 200 2000
Boldon Tel: 0871 200 2000
Silverlink Retail Park, Coast Road, North Shields Tel: 0871 224 4007
Metrocentre Tel: 0871 224 4007
NESLC 'Bottom Up' Application Process - Instructions for Organisers
NESLC are delighted to announce that their very popular 'Bottom Up' subsidy scheme is now back up and running!
The bottom up policy was introduced in recognition of the fact that while many NESLC members do not want to organise large events for NESLC members throughout the Newcastle Estate, many organise smaller events for colleagues and friends.
An event must be claimed for by a Head of Party (HOP). The HOP must be an NESLC member and the claim can only be made for those attendees who are also NESLC members.
As HOP you are responsible for making the initial application to NESLC on behalf of all members prior to the event and then producing valid receipts for all members to the NESLC administrator within 6 months of the event date. Claims submitted after an event will not be considered.
The cost of event must be a minimum of £10 per member and at least 5 NESLC members must attend the event. The £10 is exclusive of alcohol, cigarettes and anything gambling related (i.e. lottery tickets, betting tab etc)
NESLC have set aside £500.00 per month for Bottom Up events January – November. The budget will be set on a rolling period therefore any monies left over will be added to the next month and so on. Therefore, there will be instances when applications will be rejected as the monthly budget has been exhausted. Only 4 subsidies allowed per member per calendar year (January to December)
All parts of the process must be completed, before a Head of Party can make a further application.
The officers, committee and administrators of NESLC are all volunteers and carry out these roles in their own time. Please allow up to 8 weeks for payment after valid receipts have been sent to administrator.
1. Let us know where you are going and how much it will cost in total for the whole party and for each person taking part.
2. Complete the enclosed application form electronically including the details of yourself and each of the other NESLC member taking part (leave the signature column blank) and save it.
3. When complete send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
4. As quickly as possible, we will decide if the NESLC members within your group can receive a conditional subsidy (i.e. subject to the application remaining unchanged) and, if so, how much for each member included in the application. You will be advised of the decision by Claire.
5. If your application is conditionally accepted the form will be emailed to the respective HASSRA and / or RCSL membership secretaries to check the validity of the members within your party you are claiming for.
6. If your event includes alcohol, you must ask for two separate receipts, one covering non alcohol related expenses and one covering alcohol related expenses.
7. After the event, you must send Claire your application form and evidence to prove that you have paid for the total numbers attending, (e.g. 10 attending at £10 per head, Claire must receive an 'official' receipt from the venue stating £100 paid to them). It is accepted that the costs for the NESLC members may be included in the receipt for a larger party that included non-members. You should send the receipt(s) stapled to a hard copy of the Application Form and keep a copy of your receipts. This documentation should be sent to Claire Porter, BP3001.
8. NESLC will then pay a cheque to you, as the event organiser for the total amount of subsidy agreed, e.g. 8 members @ £5 per member agreed subsidy = cheque for £40.
9. You must then obtain the signature of each NESLC member who received a subsidy on a hard copy of the Application Form to confirm that they have received their subsidy. The hard copy with the signatures should then be sent to Claire Porter, BP3001.
10. A random check of 10% of those receiving a subsidy will be undertaken to ensure that they did, in fact, take part in the event.
11. Any discrepancy in the 10% check will lead to a 100% check being undertaken. If a subsidy is claimed for a member found not to have partaken in the event, the subsidy must be repaid.
12. Please be patient, these applications are very popular and payment can take between 6 – 12 weeks.
For further information contact Claire.email@example.com
DO NOT CALL THEM AT WORK THEY ARE VOLUNTEERS AND ONLY UNDERTAKE THIS ROLE IN THERE SPARE TIME.
Ocean Beach Pleasure Park South Shields –
AVAILABLE AGAIN IN 2012 KEEP WATCHING FOR UPDATES
Are you looking for somewhere to take the kids this year? Then why not take advantage of this fantastic offer:
NESLC have got an amazing offer:
NESLC members can buy a maximum of 4 batches of tokens, saving you up to £60.
You could even leave the kids at home and go yourself!
The tokens can be used on any day and do not have a expiry date. To buy tokens, complete the Booking Form
and return it with a cheque and stamp addressed envelope to:
If you have any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Lippy Boot Camp
Discount for HMRC staff at 'No Lippy Boot Camp'; Ladies only outdoor fitness and inch loss sessions across the North East.
NESLC Membership offers and free prize draws
Exclusive NESLC Discount
On a Virgin Holiday everyone gets treated like a Rockstar, so you feel kinda special!
The great news is our legendary service is now available in Newcastle City Centre and because we believe in rewarding civil servants we've got a very special discount
JUST FOR YOU!
With Virgin Holidays your special discount awaits you no matter where you decide to go
Florida * USA & Canada * Caribbean * Africa * Indian Ocean
* Middle East * Far East * Australasia * Ski
Or perhaps even one of our many cruises with Virgin holidays Cruises. No matter where you decide to go one of our red hot professional crew will help you get the best deal, on the perfect holiday you've been dreaming of. Everything and more you'd expect from an award winning Holiday Company.
Come and see us in Debenhams, Eldon Square, you'll find us on the third floor or
• Call -0844 557 9270
We are waiting to make your holiday dreams come true.
Simply bring this flyer with you or quote " NESLC e-shot Rockstar" when you call or e-mail to receive your special discount
Gateshead Thunder Free Ticket Draw TO ALL THE GAMES SOME WITH CORPORATE HOSPITALITY
NESLC has obtained 5 pairs of match day tickets for Gateshead Thunder (Rugby League)
Members can enter a free prize draw for 2 match day tickets. These are fantastic family days out and you have to be in it to win it.
To enter-Please email your name, email address, telephone number (work / home / mobile) to: Terri.Harbron@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk
Make sure you enter “Thunder” in the email subject field
Bonus Time-Enter the draw and you will be entered into another free draw for the player’s presentation evenings.
Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust (Washington)
On production of your HMRC / RCSL membership card you will get entry to the park for the following prices
• £11.00 for a family ticket (2 adults / 2 children), instead of £15.00.
• £3.75 for a single ticket, instead of £5.75.
• £2.75 for a child's ticket, instead of £3.75.
Newcastle Racecourse FREE prize draw
A Day at the Races Free!!!!!
Due to the success of the trial period NESLC have purchased four annual members badges. There will, therefore, be two draws (2 badges each prize) for the meetings that are due to take place, this will entitle the winners admission to the Premier Enclosure and access to the Annual Members bar for the day.
If you registered for the free prize draw you do NOT need to re-enter, your details are held, however if you haven’t already applied and would like to be entered into the draw then please take the following action.
To enter the FREE Newcastle Racecourse draw e-mail Susan.Thomson@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk
entering Newcastle Racecourse in the subject field of the email and statingfull name
1. PI Number
2. office and home/mobile phone numbers
3. office and home addresses and
4. office (gsi preferably) and home e-mail address (where applicable)
5. Advise if you are a HASSRA or RCSL member'
Lily Ladies Leisure - Ladies only gym.
Tenerife Buildings, Station Road, South Gosforth.
Facilities include fully equipped gym, toning tables, sauna and steam room. Changing rooms and showers are also provided. An extensive class timetable including, Zumba and Pilates at no extra cost. A standing sun bed is also available at a small extra cost.
Yearly contract £20 per month (normally £22). No joining fee (normally £25) saving £49
Monthly contract – (Cancel with 30 days notice) £25 per month (normally £27). No joining fee (normally £25)
Call 2852626 for a free trial.
For further details see www.lilyladiesleisure.co.uk
To receive your reduced membership print this page and produce it with your security pass on your first visit.
SPORTS HALL AND GYMS ON THE NEWCASTLE ESTATE
All the Gyms on the Newcastle estates are funded and operated by NESLC
If you require any further information on gym membership please contact Steve Harris the Gym manager on 07790085104
Casual bookings of the Amble Inn Sports Hall
Do you know you can book the sports hall at BPV for casual bookings?
So, if you fancy a game of Badminton, Five-a-side football, Table Tennis or perhaps something else, contact Steve the Gym Manager on 07790085104 between 9am - 5pm for more information.
The sports hall is only £15 per hour to hire, that’s at least £15 per hour cheaper than any other local sports hall. So the more that play the cheaper it is!
FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE FREE
ZUMBA CLASSES FOR ALL HASSRA/RCSL (NESLC) MEMBERS IN THE AMBLE INN ON A THURSDAY- 4PM-5PM
If you are looking to have a good work out and make new friends, why not try our circuit training.
These classes are run by our highly qualified Gym Instructor Steve Harris, the classes are held every Thursday in the Amble Inn sports hall between 12-1.
Please contact Steve on 07790085104 for further information.
Strength and conditioning classes
Come along and have some fun, and tone up at the same time.
Strength and conditioning classes held every Tuesday in the Amble Inn between 12-1. Please contact Steve 07790085104 between 9am - 5pm for further information
Boxing Fitness Classes – Why don’t you try something new to stay in shape
• Improve your Fitness
• Develop your self confidence
• Burn & Get rid of stubborn body fat
• Learn something new
Boxing fitness will boost your metabolism making you leaner, fitter and stronger. Join Andy McLean, Commonwealth Games bronze medallist, former England International & undefeated professional boxer with his team to take you through a fun and challenging workout learning the skills of boxing using focus pads, punch bags and group motivation.
Classes are held on:
• Tuesday 6.45am - 7.30am at Greens in Gosforth
• Wednesday 7.00pm – 8.00pm at Community centre in Westmoor
Classes are all £4.00 per person
All NESLC/RCSL members get the 1st class FREE, the 2nd class ½ price and all other classes 25% off.
Please Call Andy on 07967 448 149 to book a place and quote NESLC/RCSL offer.